All games must be played and completed by the end of Spring half term so that semi finals and finals can be played. Outstanding matches will be scrapped and no points gained for any teams. It’s your responsibility to arrange the fixtures!
- ALL GAMES PLAYED TO 11 POINTS (2 clear points win i.e. 11-9, 14-12 etc)
- EACH PLAYER HAS TWO SERVES (Swap serve every two)
- GAMES ARE BEST OF FIVE SETS/FIRST TO THREE GAMES (UNLESS OTHERWISE AGREED)
- EACH SCHOOL MUST FIELD AT LEAST 4 PLAYERS IN EACH TEAM
- EACH TEAM PLAYS 8 SINGLES MATCHES AND TWO DOUBLES MATCHES (different players can be brought in for the doubles only)
- PLAYERS ARE RANKED 1-4 BEFORE THE START OF PLAY AND PLAY THEIR RESPECTED OPPOSITE NUMBER (1-V-1, 2-V-2 ETC) THEN AFTER THESE FIRST GAMES ARE PLAYED DOUBLES GAMES COMMENCE 1+2 COMBINE TO PLAY OPPOSITION’S 1+2 SAME GOES FOR THE 3RD AND 4TH RANK PLAYERS.
- PLAYERS THEN PLAY REVERSE SINGLES, FOR EXAMPLE 1-V-2, 2-V-1, 3-V-4 AND 4-V-3.
- 10 GAMES IN ALL
- ALL GAMES RECORDED ON THE RESULT CARD
- TWO TEAMS OF 4 PLAY. A TEAM (U16’S) AND B TEAM (U14’S if possible. Any 8 will do, any standard will do, its about getting kids playing).
- ONE TEAM PREDOMINATELY YEAR 11 (A team) THE SECOND TEAM CAN BE A MIXTURE OF YEAR 9+10’S BOYS OR GIRLS (B Team)
- EACH TEAM IS IN ITS OWN LEAGUE (A team separate from B) BUT ALL GAMES TO TAKE PLACE ON THE SAME NIGHT
- 5 POINTS AWARDED FOR A TEAM WIN (i.e. match won 6-4 or 7-3 etc) 2 POINTS AWARDED FOR A TEAM LOSS 3 POINTS AWARDED FOR A FIXTURE TIE (NO PLAY OFF) 0 POINTS AWARDED TO A SCHOOL WHO CANNOT MAKE THE FIXTURE OR FAIL TO PLAY THE FIXTURE (the opposing school shall pick up 5 points if a team fails to play or cancels)
PLEASE ENSURE YOU KNOW THE SERVICE RULES AND YOUR PUPILS ABIDE BY THEM.SERVE ABOVE AND BEHIND THE WHITE LINE, BALL MUST BE PLACED ON OPEN HAND AND ATTEMPT TO LIFT THE BALL OFF THE HAND WHEN SERVING.(Doubles only/ serve in opposite box from right hand side only)